Day 1: Saigon Arrival – Cu Chi Tunnels
Day 2: Saigon – Mekong Delta – Saigon
Day 3: Saigon City Tour
Day 4: Departure
Upon arrival at Tan Son Nhat International Airport, you will be picked up by our guide and driver then having a welcome lunch at local restaurant.
Arriving at Cu Chi tunnels (Ben Dinh) and proceeding to an underground hut to watch a short video and presentation about Cu Chi tunnels before having a real hand-on experience of what it took to live in the tunnels. Afterward, test tasting the steamed tapioca root which is the main staple food in Cu Chi during the war.
For those interested, there is an opportunity to fire off an AK47 or MK16 with real ammunitions at the nearby shooting range (option only, fee not included).
Return to Ho Chi Minh city late afternoon. Check in hotel and relax.
Have dinner and overnight in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon).
Day 2: Saigon – Mekong Delta – Saigon (B/L/D)
Have breakfast at hotel.
7.00 Pick up at your hotel and depart to Vinh Long province of the Mekong delta. After that, take a motor boat to experience Cai Be floating market – one of the most colorful and typical markets in Mekong region, and watch local people trading fruit and many other products.
Then explore handicraft villages, learn how difficult and complex to make rice cakes and pop rice cakes. After that, visit coconut candy workshop to taste some little brown sweets coconut candies with tea and enjoy traditional music.
Next, tourists will take smaller boats through canals to feel the peaceful scenery with water coconut forest.
Have lunch with fresh river food served by a local family.
Afternoon, tourists can ride a bike on village paths to see the local farms, houses, real life and the ancestral ways to pick up fruits in Mekong Delta.
Then say goodbye with the host, and drive back to Ho Chi Minh City.
Day 3: Saigon city sightseeing (B,L,D)
Have breakfast at hotel.
8.30 Star the city tour to visit:
- War Remnants museum, which relates to the American phase of the Vietnam War. See displays of old military equipment and other relics of the War as well as larger exhibits including an F5A fighter and a UH1-Huey helicopter.
- Reunification Palace (Independence palace) formally known as the century-old Presidential Office, a landmark of Ho Chi Minh City which witnessed the growth of Ho Chi Minh City during peacetime and throughout the Vietnam War until its end in 1975.
- Continue seeing the beautiful structures from the French colonial times, including a stop at the impressive Saigon Notre-Dame Cathedral, discover the magnificent neon-Romanesque architecture as you take in the tranquil atmosphere inside. At opposite the old Central Post Office, one of the oldest buildings in Ho Chi Minh City, learn about this significant landmark – the busiest post office in Vietnam.
Lunch at local restaurant.
Afternoon: get off of the tourist track to experience the local life of bustling Ho Chi Minh City, head to China town, the biggest Chinese community in Vietnam, then we’ll visit the Thien Hau Temple, a Chinese temple which has the beauty and spirituality of the traditional architecture and iconic Binh Tay Market (Big Market), famed for its warren of food stands and grand Sino-French architecture. Learn about everyday life of the fruit and vegetable sellers here before stopping for a glass of traditional Café Saigon – Vietnamese iced coffee, and the chance to try some of Vietnam’s exotic fruits.
Visit Ben Thanh Market, a lively market in central District 1, where your guide can help you barter for goods.
Have dinner and overnight in Saigon.
Day 4: Departure (B)
Breakfast at your hotel before our driver will take you to the airport to say goodbye to Vietnam. See you next trip!
- B= Breakfast, Lunch = L, Dinner = D as mentioned above
- Entrance fee
- English speaking guide
- 2 Sim cards for internet SIM card
- Mineral waters 2 bottles /1pax/1day
- Travel insurance
- Drinks in meals
- More than 15 days prior to check-in: FREE of charge
- From 15 to 10 days prior to check-in: 50% of total rates
- From 9 to 3 days prior to check-in: 75% of total rates
- Less than 72 hours prior to check-in: 100% of total rates
- No-Show: 100% of total rates
- Children from 8-11: Charge 75%
- Children from 4-7: Charge 50%
- Children under 3: Free of charge